Our crew – Kent, Brenda, Collin, Amy, Suz, Graham and I – met Bill, Bridget and Barron Brocksmith, Shelby Stevens (Barron’s friend) and Joe and Carla for the day of rafting. We rented our raft and equipment, just west of Jackson. We did two 8 mile trips down the Snake River. Suz, Carla and Brenda were our support and photography crew. We all had a really good time. Kent was our guide and Bridget was our vocal inspiration. There were some challenging rapids and some relaxing float time. There were 3 sightings of bald eagles. One was flying up the canyon with a fish flopping in its talons. The other two were perched in trees on the side of the river.
Collin, Shelby and I took a swim – unplanned. Graham, Collin and Bill did some rock jumping from the bank into the Snake. The water was cold, unofficially around 54 degrees but for most of the day we had plenty of sunshine. All in all, it was a great time. Here are some of the rafting pictures, compliments of Suz.



This is a picture of Graham on one of his jumps:

When we returned from rafting, Graham and I made a deal. I would clean the bikes, he would do the laundry. Fortunately, the motel owners let me use an outside hydrant and garden hose. I think – no I know – I got the best end of the deal because Kent and Collin helped me wash and wipe off the bikes. I couldn’t believe how dirty they were. We came through some chip and seal roads and have some tar on the bikes – that will have to wait until we get home.
Kent and I enjoyed an “adult beverage” on the balcony while Graham did laundry and Suz and Brenda walked downtown for some shopping and checking out the many shops and stores. We (Collin, Amy, Brenda, Kent, Suz, Graham and I) all met at the Brew Pub for dinner and ate outside on the patio. We sampled the local flavor and had a great meal.
The reason I have been delayed in posting to the blog – our WiFi is not working, so I’m at the grocery’s deli section making the last two day’s entries. Not sure what is on the agenda today – will have to wait and see what Kent and Brenda (our tour guides) have planned for us.

hey guys
ReplyDeletelooks like lots of fun with friends and family on the river!!That jump off the rocks looks like quite a ways down! I wish we had a nice cool river running by my house. The heat wave has subsided some and cooler temps are predicted for next week.I bet the bikes were bad looking at that road you were on. take care and stay safe. The Richters