


From the Columbia River we angled to the northeast toward Spokane, riding through Klickitat Canyon, Yakama Valley and some semi arid areas with some warm but scenic riding. There were lots of apple orchards, grapes, onions, etc., etc. in the Yakama Valley. I found out how far my motorcycle can go on a tank of gas while pulling a trailer - 192 miles. By the time we got to Mabton, WA and filled up my tank, I put in 4.88 gallon. My tank holds 5 gallon. I wasn't too worried because I carry a one gallon plastic container in the trailer.
We booked it to Spokane (home of the Gonzaga Zags). We had intended to camp near the Washington/Idaho border but had difficulty finding a campsite - so we ended up getting a motel at a local mom and pop in Priest River, ID. It will give us a chance to charge everything up and get the last two days of posting done. Dinner will be microwave veggies and steak cooked in the skillet on the camp stove. I've heard from several of you through email or comments. Glad to know there are people out there that are interested in my ramblings.

Love the pictures of the wind surfers. It looks cold though... Graham is in a heavy jacket in the pictures. I suppose the water was cold too. We made it home tonight just fine. I just put Jack to bed. Tomorrow we look at two houses, mom moves Louise to E.H., Jess plays golf with the wedding party and we have the wedding rehearsal dinner tomorrow night. Busy day!
ReplyDeleteWe also really enjoyed the Columbia River when we traveled by there years ago. Glad to hear your starter is doing fine, Joe. I didnt get a t-shirt but my pickup repairs luckily werent as much as your bike. We are enjoying your blog, have a safe trip and lots of fun onto Jackson Hole.Tell Graham howdy!
ReplyDeletejon and sherri
Hey Joe!We're enjoying your travels, all caught up so now we can just keep current. Hate to say it but we're really glad you broke down in Cleone. Really enjoyed meeting and visiting with you and Graham. We are familiar with the Hood River area as Dave has relatives there and in Goldendale. Gorgeous country with even more to come. You'll love Glacier!! Ride safe!!!!
ReplyDeleteHay Joe sounds like you guys are haveing fun. I hope to do something like that with my boys some day.....NOT WITH MOTOR CYCLES JUST A VACATION.
ReplyDeleteI have been keeping up with your tarvels, sounds like fun. Man the things you guys have seen.
John
Hey Joe and Graham
ReplyDeleteI check out your trip every night. Makes me feel like I'm along for the ride(all most). I wish I were! Be carefull and have fun in Jackson.
Craig
Hi guys, We are enjoying following your travels. Hope you have a great time in Jackson Hole. We are looking forward to celebrating Jack's first birthday tomorrow. We have been busy at the fair this week. Few days of rain, but temperature has been good. Ride safe & see you soon. Love, Jay & Jo
ReplyDelete